Most nootropics and adaptogens only target the brain, which leaves out the key pieces of your cognitive function and mental health: your gut and the gut microbiome. CogniBiotics is the only probiotic-nootropic blend on the market that improves the entire gut-brain-microbiota axis.
The formula contains a powerful combination of 17 herbs known to provide mood support and enhance cognitive function by improving the gut microbiome. In addition, the 10 bacteria strains in CogniBiotics work synergistically to boost brain health and promote a balanced stress response.
- Formulated by expert Chinese Herbal Scientists
- The 2,200-year-old Chaihu-Shugan-San herb blend improves mood, brain health, and happiness through the gut microbiome
- 10 research-based bacteria strains that synergize to improve mood and cognitive function
- Prebiotic complex boosts probiotic survival and effectiveness
- Adaptogenic: calming, promotes a balanced-stress response from the nervous system and mitigates negative health effects of stress
- Nootropic: boost memory and learning, and maintain healthy brain function amidst stress
- Improves mood and happiness
- Protects the brain with antioxidants that can enter the brain
- Supports neuroplasticity, which improves brain adaptation and healing
- Can be taken on an empty stomach or with meals
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee with respect to quality, purity, potency, and effectiveness
- Produced in small batches with medical-grade ingredients.
Benefits of Taking CogniBiotics
Improves Brain Health Through the Gut-Brain-Microbiome Axis
Your gut feeling is an example of how your gut works with your brain. Recent research shows that gut health and the gut microbiome strongly influence brain health. Your gut bacteria can control your thoughts, emotions, and stress resilience. Also, many people with mental health and neurological disorders have dysbiosis and digestive issues. Often, an improvement in gut bacteria composition in these people improves their mood and brain function.
CogniBiotics contain bacteria strains that are known as mood enhancers, and for their potential to improve and cognitive function. In addition, the Chaihu-Shugan-San herb formula in CogniBiotics works by improving the dysbiosis and digestive issues. However, CogniBiotics is only meant for general brain health and not approved to treat any disease.
- Boost BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor)
- Boost low mood, reduce or relief anxiety
- Reduce stress
- Produce mood-boosting vitamins (e.g. K and B-12)
- Rejuvenate your brain and improve brain-gut connection
- Generate serotonin and happiness chemicals
- Enhance cognitive performance
Promote a Balanced Stress Response and Stress Resilience
Stress can cause anxiety, poor sleep, abnormal appetite, reduced performance, and many other negative health effects. Adaptogens are herbs or substances that help support the nervous system to reduce the stress response, promote calmness, or improve your ability to deal with the stress. CogniBiotics contain several adaptogenic herbs such as Schisandra and Chinese licorice.
Promote Healthy Acetylcholine Levels
Acetylcholine is an important neurotransmitter for learning and memory. P. multiflorum, S. miltiorrhiza, and R. glutinosa in CogniBiotics are cholinergic herbs that increase acetylcholine levels.
Improve Neurotransmitter Balance
In animal studies the probiotics L. plantarum, L. helveticus, L. fermentum, L. rhamnosus, and B. infantis promote the balance of serotonin, dopamine, and GABA in the brain. The good bacteria also help ensure that the used neurotransmitters are not converted into metabolites that may cause anxiety, brain fog, and neurologic disorders.
Improve Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor
The good bacteria and herbs in CogniBiotics work together to stimulate the production of proteins that help the brain grow, reorganize, and adapt. These proteins include brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and neural growth factor (NGF). Increasing these proteins help with learning, memory, and mood.
Protecting Neurons Against Oxidative Stress
Oxidative stress comes from mental-emotional stress, toxic exposure, inflammation, poor diet, unhealthy lifestyle, and more. Nowadays, most people don’t consume enough antioxidants in their diets. When oxidative stress exceeds your body’s antioxidant capacity, it can damage cells. Oxidative stress can contribute to brain fog, fatigue, and neurologic disorders.
Herbs in CogniBiotics contain antioxidants that can cross the blood-brain barrier and protect your brain from day-to-day oxidative stress.
Increases Blood Flow to the Brain
Your brain needs oxygen and vital nutrients to work well, but it’s also the organ that’s hardest to deliver blood to. It’s located at the highest point in the body and has many tiny blood vessels. Stress, poor blood vessel health, oxidative stress, and low blood pressure can reduce blood flow to the brain. When the brain gets reduced blood flow, it doesn’t get healthy levels of oxygen and nutrients. The deprivation can cause fatigue, brain fog, poor cognitive function, and low mood.
The Chaihu-Shugan-San herb formula normalizes brain blood flow in depression patients.
Producing Beneficial Postbiotics, Such as Butyrate
Postbiotics are produced when your probiotic bacteria ferment the prebiotic fibers, such as the small fatty acids propionate and butyrate.
Low mood, brain fog, and fatigue are caused by sluggish neurons that can’t produce enough energy (ATP). The small fatty acids can enter the brain, energize the sluggish neurons, and lower oxidative stress Your neurons can also burn the fatty acids for energy. Butyrate also boosts BDNF levels.
The small fatty acids also counteract chronic inflammation and strengthen the gut and blood-brain barriers. They also promote a healthy metabolism and blood sugar levels, which are important for brain health.
How CogniBiotics Works?
CogniBiotics combine the power of Chinese medicine with synergistic brain-boosting probiotics.
CogniBiotics contains two Traditional Chinese Medicine formulas traditionally used for both mental health and digestive issues by promoting harmony between the brain and the gut
- The Chaihu-Shugan-San formula, which improves stress resilience, mood, and cognitive function by improving the gut flora
- The An Shen Bu Xin San formula, traditionally used to calm the spirit, contains several cognitive performance-enhancing herbs
These herb formulas were invented 2,200 years ago, but modern-day research has shown that they boost neurotransmitter levels, improve the gut microbiome, and combat oxidative stress. They are also adaptogenic herbs that promote a balanced stress response.
The beneficial bacteria boost mood, wellbeing, memory while promoting a balanced stress response by:
- Directly speaking to your brain via the vagus nerve that links between the gut and the brain
- Controlling your neurotransmitters, such as the happy neurotransmitter serotonin, rewarding neurotransmitter dopamine, and relaxing neurotransmitter GABA
- Producing beneficial nutrients that can jump-start sluggish neurons and combating oxidative stress
- Boosting neuronal growth and branching, such as by increasing a protein called BDNF, which improves happiness and memory
- Promoting a healthy and balanced stress response
- Promoting a balanced inflammatory response, since excess inflammation can contribute to mental health and cognitive problems
When To Take CogniBiotics?
The goal is to deliver the probiotics to your large intestine relatively intact and maximize absorption of the herbs, so you want to minimize their exposure to your stomach acid and digestive enzymes. Your gut secretes digestive enzymes and stomach acid when you have food in your stomach. Therefore, you should take your CogniBiotics on an empty stomach. However, if you get stomach upset from taking it without food or cannot take it without food for any other reasons, it is still beneficial when taken with meals.
Take CogniBiotics first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Some people also find significant cognitive and mood boosts when they take CogniBiotics before or with lunch and dinner.
Because CogniBiotics contain probiotics, be sure to take it at least an hour away from antibiotics or dietary supplements that have antibacterial properties.
CogniBiotics and Depression
The latest research shows that, aside from life events, the following factors contribute to depression, cognitive dysfunction, and other mental health problems:
- Imbalanced gut microbiome
- Sluggish neurons in the brain due to mitochondria dysfunction
- Overactivated stress response
- Increased inflammation
- Intestinal permeability
- Abnormal circadian rhythm or sleep patterns
- A leaky blood-brain barrier
- Unstable or poor blood sugar control
- Nutrient deficiencies, such as omega-3, B vitamins, minerals, and amino acids
CogniBiotics promotes good mood, mental health, cognitive function, and stress resilience by:
- Improving the gut microbiome
- Energizing the neurons
- Promoting a balanced immune response
- Supporting the gut and brain barriers
- Promoting digestive health
- Supporting blood sugar control (Blood Sugar Breakthrough--- coming soon)
What is the recommended dosage for CogniBiotics?
The recommended dose for CogniBiotics can be found on the label - 2 capsules a day on an empty stomach upon waking.
However, in clinical experience, we have found the effective dose for most people is 2 capsules in the morning, 2 capsules with breakfast, and 2 capsules in the evening.
If you want to start slow, take 2 capsules with breakfast and 2 capsules with dinner.
Can children take CogniBiotics? If so, what is the recommended dosage?
CogniBiotics is safe for children. The recommended dose is 1 capsule for every 40 lbs.
Consult your medical practitioner prior to starting any new supplement.
Can you empty the contents of the capsule in your beverage?
The contents of the capsules can be dissolved in your beverage of choice. Doing so will not improve nor diminish absorption or the health benefits you obtain.
Will CogniBiotics, since it is a probiotic, replace P3-OM?
No, because they contain different bacteria strains that serve different purposes. With a synergistic blend of synbiotics (pre+probiotics) and Chinese herbs, Cognibiotics is engineered to improve mood and brain function through boosting the gut bacteria. Whereas P3OM contains the best researched strain of probiotic to boost your digestion and assimilation of proteins, along with your immune function.
What are the benefits of taking CogniBiotics?
- Boosts brain health and the health of the gut-brain axis
- Promotes a balanced stress response and stress resilience
- Promotes the balance of serotonin, dopamine, and GABA, which is important for happy and calm mood
- Increases acetylcholine, which is important for memory
- Reduces toxic neurotransmitter metabolites, which may cause brain fog or anxiety
- Increasing brain-derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor, which are important for learning, memory, and good mood
- Protecting neurons against oxidative stress
- Increasing blood flow to the brain
- Stimulating the vagus nerve, which promotes relaxation and may reduce inflammation
How many capsules in a CogniBiotics bottle?
The CogniBiotics bottle contains 60 capsules.
What is the shelf life of CogniBiotics?
The shelf life for CogniBiotics is 2 years from the manufactured date, which can be found on the bottle.
Is it okay for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers to take CogniBiotics?
Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers should consult a medical practitioner prior to starting any new supplement, diet, or training program.
Can you multiply cultures with CogniBiotics?
The probiotic in CogniBiotics cannot be cultured at home because it contains other ingredients such as herbs and prebiotics.
If you’re looking to culture probiotics, we suggest using P3-OM.
How should CogniBiotics be stored?
Store CogniBiotics in a cool and dry place.