This episode will expand your appreciation of light beyond a mere tool of vision.
Matt Maruca is the founder and CEO of Ra Optics, which teaches people about the important roles that light plays in health, and develops the most advanced light therapy-based products for transforming health. Learning the biology of light led Matt to the discovery that we are beings of light which helped him learn to let go of being sick as an aspect of his identity, and propelled him on a spiritual journey to realize the unlimited nature of our human experience.
In this episode you will learn:
- The difference in how natural and artificial light impact our body and health.
- How to increase our focus on the energy centers of our life.
- Why it’s important to know why our cells respond to light.
- The origin of our circadian rhythm.
- How to recognize and cultivate your own inner light.
Why study light?
Light is a foundational energy of the universe. The study of light is about the effects of the seen and unseen aspects of light that we each experience through our lives, whether or not we are aware of them.
“When I learned about light, I learned that circadian rhythms are super important chronobiology. The body’s clock has huge impact on basically every single function and cell in the body.”
Light and energy are created in our body from our cells to our bones, and there are things we can do to magnify our light and thus improve our health. Types of personal light cultivation that Matt shares include positivity, meditation, and specific types of body movement, to name a few.
“Just through this direct inner direction of attention and intention, we can actually make ourselves healthier. That to me is probably to date, the most profound discovery related to light. Because it really means that regardless of our external circumstances, we have the power to improve our wellness and health and physiologic functioning just with our mind and its ability to direct energy.”
Join Matt and Wade as they introduce us to these enlightening topics and questions. You don’t want to stay in the dark about this.
Get a 15% discount on raoptics.com with code “bioptimizers”
Sign up for a monthly newsletter at raoptics.com
Follow Matt and his work on Instagram: @thelightdiet and @ra_optics
Books recommended by Matt:
- “The Holy Science” – Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri
- “Light Shaping Life: Biophotons in Biology and Medicine” – Roeland van Wijk
- “The Body Electric” – Dr. Robert O. Becker
- “The Four Hour Work Week” – Tim Ferriss
- “The Lean Startup” – Eric Ries
- “The Hard Thing about Hard Things” – Ben Horowitz
Leave a Comment